Sunday 7 June 2020

The lady appears

In an earlier post I mentioned I did not have the charted shade for the collar and was debating doing it in white.

well I was on a roll with the face and after sewing in the last of the shading went on to do the whites of her eyes and her teeth.

The it was back to the hair, I have decided that her hair was worse than Fred's checked jacket, given it was more confetti than it looked and more of it than there was jacket. 

So I alternated between hair and the more restful white until it was all done.

And here she is.



                                                                     Ginger Rogers

Now I have a frame picked out, and it has dual apertures in the mount I just have to decide which way round to display the two images.



                                                                       Fred then Ginger

                                                                                  or


                                                                    Ginger then Fred

                              I am contemplating that whilst they dry out after a gentle wash.

It is funny but on the patterns it looked as if Ginger was a larger image than Fred, The stitch count is the same for both , 95 high by 68 wide, the pattern suggests 14 count mine is on 18 count so it will (I hope ) fit the apertures as per the frame.  Unusual for me to have the frame and mount sorted first.  Indeed if that had not been the case I may well not have bothered to stitch them at all.

However, now they are finished Fred's image looks the larger of the two.

I made a little video of the stages of the stitching on Fred which can either be viewed on this blog or via you tube at Link to Vidio

I expect I will try and do the same with Ginger at some point, and will post the pair once framed. 

2 comments:

Julie said...

Personally i prefer Fred on the right.
They look great together, well done.

Clare-Aimetu said...

They look lovely. I like Fred then Ginger, he's looking out of the frame and she's looking adoring at him