Saturday 13 June 2020

Diamond Painting ?

I was gifted with a diamond painting kit for Christmas, yes that was quite some time ago wasn't it.  I am not so sure that the title of this craft is exactly representative, its not made of diamonds (shame that) and nor is it exactly painting after all there is no paint.

It is more faceted mosaic, but that lack a certain saleable ring to it.

So the kit. 

 

came in this box.


with the rolled up pattern which is also the base onto which the faceted mini tiles stick. (those are the tiles in the bags at the bottom of the picture.)


Little trays, odd pink stuff and tools for corralling, picking up and placing the tiny tiles.


Instructions on the side of the box.  Well I took everything out, checked everything was there, read all the bits and looked at the pattern and put it all back in again.  This occurred more than once. I am not sure why I put off giving it a go. Maybe all those bags of tiles were intimidating.

Today I thought I would make a move and give it a go.


Started with the darkest colour and what looks to be the most used colour.  Made a bit of a false start trying to get the pink pick up stuff onto the tool, mainly because I had not spotted the protective plastic it was covered in.  Ah well.

The tray with grooves did help in getting the tiles the right way (faceted side up and flat side down) and there is a sort of rhythm to it, pinks stuff, pick and stick several tiles then pink stuff repeat.

 I got quite a bit done (the very black bits are done bits) you might be able to tell it is a dragon, my friend knows me well. I am not sure if I like it or not. (the process not the picture, I like the picture).
For the moment, I have at least made a start, but at the same time it has been rolled up again and with all its bits and bobs is back in the box. 

And I will see how long it waits to come out to play again

2 comments:

Julie said...

New craft to me... sounds very fiddly, but nice picture.

Faith... said...

Good luck with this! Some swear it is great and others are not to sure. I think I will stick with the Xs for now!