Thursday 17 March 2022

BFF Sal 8 There may be something

 in the Air but it is not love for this project.

Another cover kit the first issue was the material provided. For a square pattern the material was not square. If you have visited with me before you know I am often squeezing  designs onto smaller than recommended bits of fabric.

I had to count this a couple of times to be sure it would fit before proceeding.

Then well the colours, sorting those was interesting, but manageable.

Mt BFF and I started at the same spot in the middle with the top of the A and then of course diverged as I stitched all of the light tops of the letters then the darker bottoms my BFF did full letters.

We then moved onto the the pink/red lettering  but we tacked that differently as we discussed the heart shaped hot air balloons on the card (neither of us like them as hot air balloons) and options to address that.

At that point I realised I had a design deviation on the L , I also realised that I could not be bothered to unpick to revert to the original and just worked around it.

Not bothered has been an overall feeling with this. There will be minimum effort to get it finished and no idea what going to do with it at that point.

Not even sure I am going to bother doing the finish with the kit onto felt and dowel as a mini hanging, which was the test finish option for the nativity. (May still do that but without this as a test).


Pop on over to my BFF to see how she tacked our new project. CLICK HERE

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a ridiculously tiny piece of Aida! Nice font though.