Thursday 10 March 2022

BFF SAL 7 Once more

 the backstitch makes such a difference to how it looks.


I did an unusual amount of google searching this evening in between bits of stitching as it was evident that I had time to do so .

My BFF thought she had found the perfect next project a blackwork dragon, but it was a head only image and sadly did not appeal to me.

So having looked at that there was some searching and I came across a design we both liked, really liked, really really liked a lot.

But, you knew there was going to be a but, it was so big, going to sew up big as it is marketed as a cushion. Neither of us likes the idea of all that sewing just to sit on it or of a cushion that is not to be sat on. Sigh! shame looked at other sites other patterns however that one lingered.

Discussions about the size, material options and a would we regret it and we both ended up buying the pattern (another one from the site fell into my basket just before check out!).  It is intended to be one colour but there is the scope to change that up.  I will let my BFF tell you just how much thread it says it will take as she looked at that, sending me a message saying "what have we done"

So that won't be BFF8, that will be another small cover kit (once we have finished 7 into the card it is intended to be) and that will give us time to settle on what we are going to do with out "how BIG"( as if we did not know before we bought it) mad purchase.

CLICK HERE to see my BFF's blog.


2 comments:

Mary's Thread said...

That's very cute. It is a sweet scene. Always amazes me how much can be captured in a few stitches...but that backstitch really makes it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is such a lovely little design. Which magazine did it come from?

If you are still undecided, have a look at my Freebie lInk page. There are a lot of Easter and Spring themed designs there.