Saturday 5 March 2022

BFF Sal 7 Now that's yellow

 not even a mellow yellow but an acid yellow. I contemplated the colour provided and it just was not to my mind yellow so I changed it for the flowers.

And although my BFF's Puddy Tat is delightful CLICK HERE to see how nice it is, I changed the colour on mine.

OK so I changed the butterfly as well using the orange not used for the cat to replace the "not yellow" shade it was supposed to be. 


I am looking forward to doing the backstitch next week. It is nice sensible in holes not in the middle of stitches backstitch and as most of it will just be outlining the window frames it should be soothing.

My BFF and I have been discussing what to do next, styles or themes or potential challenges. She mentioned that she had not found anything that she felt worth the effort of working on linen. I noted that evenweave might be a better starting point for over two stitching given the way linen has irregular thick and thin strands and at times really thick bits. I had intended to stitch Millennium on linen then I worried about how a thick thread might mess with the the design and restarted on evenweave.  I noted that it might have distorted the planets shape or imagine what would happen if a big slug landed on an angels nose..my BFF followed that exactly  but her husband passing at just that point exclaimed what are you two talking about! 

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a nice little design and I like how each of you have different coloured cats.
I agree about the linen, no-one needs a slub in the middle of their face! It's why I used evenweave for my Mirabilia designs.