Saturday 12 March 2022

A small project

 from a charity shop purchase. This was a cover kit that came with 14 count blue aida, thread, pattern and ribbon, wadding and a needle and for all that I was lucky enough to pay 50p

It is from Cross Stitch Crazy.

I started with the shade of turquoise and immediately made an error, it was supposed to be a single strand of thread and I used two. However by the time I spotted that I hade done quite a bit and liked the coverage so I was happy to leave it and dip into my stash for the extra I would need to finish.

When I went to do that the number referenced on the card ( (DMC 958) did not match the thread I had been sewing with! It did however match DMC 959 so that was ok.



I really enjoyed sewing this, it was very soothing. So much so I did the pattern twice as there was just enough material to do that.



As you can see I changed the colours on the second side and enjoyed doing that just as much as the first.



I finished it as a scissors keeper, although the kit had the ribbon coming from a corner, I might try that next time. I used some small scraps of dark blue from Peter's quilt to line it so the wadding would not work its way out and to strengthen the seams.

I think there may well be next times with this design, can use up little bits of aida  as it is only 27 by27 stitches and random threads and bits of ribbon and I can do corner ribbon or side or it might even be possible to make it a biscornu!

That was a well spent 50p


2 comments:

RONI said...

Oh I do like that! It has an almost crocheted loik about it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

A very well invested 50p! Doesn't it look totally different in the changed colour scheme?