Tuesday 20 February 2024

Another little experiment

 in dyeing aida. This attempt  again came from a desire to use something up. Chestnuts to be precise, I got them at Christmas, I don't know why because getting the vacuum packed ones is much more convenient. Perhaps it is nostalgia for roasting them at my grandparents , whatever the reason I bought some, didn't use them up in time and was left with them.

So I roasted them off for the birds and then put the shells in hot water.

I popped a random scrap of white in first for a little bit. Then as that had an interesting soft shade put in a bigger bit of natural aida (the one from HB) and left it for three days in the hopes of something darker.

This is the result, with the thin strip of  dyed white against  white, and the dyed beige with the little cake stand stitched on the original beige for comparison.



I quite like how they turned out, and at this point I have no idea what I am going to stitch on them but they add another option next time I am looking for something different.


1 comment:

Mary said...

What a wonderful idea. I love the rich brown color.