Monday 11 May 2020

Sunbonnet Sue Three and four

in a change to previous posts on this project both images are of finished ladies.

So this is Three finished, rather pleased with the way this one turned out, I think the blue hat added a certain something.  Now possibly, one or two of my visitors will also be aware of the sampler quilt blocks which are the origin of the scraps used here and therefore  may be wondering where the blue came from as it has not featured in any of those blocks.

Sunbonnet Sue


Well the answer there is a little preview of the next stage in the sampler quilt, the sashing.  The blue is from the bits being generated by the sashing, I will share the top once it is finished.  In the meantime the blue looked so nice on number Three I used it on number Four.

Sunbonnet Sue


I also much preferred sewing the tulip without leaves.  I was not sure if there would be more than four, even though there is still plenty of fabric bits remaining.

However as I have been enjoying this process and in the main (leaves aside) finding it relaxing, and II will have the sewing machine out for the quilt sashing I may well sew up a few more skirts and see how that goes.  

2 comments:

Julie said...

These ars lovely. The tulip does look nicer in these, my opinion only.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I like the blue hat with the blue floral ribbon, that's a nice combination.