Thursday 14 May 2020

So far and yet so near..Lockdown SAL

once again my BFF and I meet...via Skype that is for our weekly crafting session and our stitch-a-long.
And after these few weeks we try to treat it as normal and we try to talk of things other than the reason our crafting get togethers have become tech rather than face to face based.

It is not always easy, and to be honest it is not always necessary  but still we do it, and sometimes it works and we laugh and for a few small moments forget, so that when we remember we can do so calmly and make good safe choices.

Mind, the title of this post could just as easily be a reference to the progress we have made on the SAL itself.  In that on this first half we have come so far and are yet so near to a finish we can taste it without being finished. Fully aware there is another half to go which is the more involved part of the pattern with less of those soothing blocks of colour.

Mid way into our evening we had both anticipated completing the cross stitch elements and that move over to the other half, which raised the question backstitch this side before moving on or wait and backstitch both sides together?

My friend felt that would be way too much backstitch all in one go and given her concerns about the colours of the tulips it might be nice to see what the back stitch would do to the image.

I did manage to get started on the backstitch, and I nearly almost got it done, at least it gives a good idea how the tulips will look. And as my friend alludes on her blog ensured the leaves look like leaves.




My friends progress is over on her blog, she tells me that mine looks a different colour to hers over Skype, now I would think it was the difference in laptops changing the tones, except we have the same one?  So to check out her progress click on this LINK here.

Oh and I figured out why my blog options had changed, there are two options now and one is supposed to result in posts which look better on a mobile (that is the one I was on) I have reverted back as I like the text options a bit more on the original version.  Happy to know how to change back and forth should I decide to do so anyway.


2 comments:

Julie said...

Growing well this week ... off to check our your BFF

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh, the backstitch makes a huge difference! I think it was the right decision to do it now.