Sunday 31 May 2020

A bit more 415

well it feels like a lot of 415. Including that used for Fred it has taken almost a full skein of thread.  It has moved the hair on a reasonable bit but still the full character is not fully evident.

The hair is taking a lot longer than I had anticipated. 

 
The eagle eyed may spot a correction or two from the last update, but I am not going to point them out.

I am sure as I move onto the next grey that ninjas of the previous colours will pop up, that is what usually happens.

Now this portrait has one more shade in it than Fred, it is for the collar of the dress. 3865.  And I don't have it in my stash.  So as an initial work around I took a look at my colour card to see what it was and to see if I could find a reasonably close match.  Also asked my BFF to see if she had it and could do a closer colour match.  Which she did (she did offer to pop past my house on the way to shout to her mother through the window and pop it through the letter box, but given it is not vital it is the exact shade I declined) and I have a couple of options.

I remain undecided and intend to leave it till last, there is the possibility that white (of which I have a copious amount) will work, it is not next to any of the other instances of white on the pattern.

2 comments:

Faith... said...

Hope you can get the color you need soon. Maybe I have it and can mail it to you? Let me know what number it is and I will check my stash.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice progress, you could give her a splash of colour in her collar?