Sunday 3 May 2020

Sunbonnet Sue number one and two

an update.

Finished the first one and happily as normal the marker pen has washed out. Equally as happily the green fabric marker pen in the Tulip leaves did not.

There are lessons learned in doing this first one that I hope will make the next easier to do. 



I am happy with the way the tulip turned out, the tucked under hems have given it a certain 3D feel.

As mentioned in my last post I have altered the boot shape and having pulled out my fabric dye pens for the leaves it occurred to me I could get some black the same way, so got my black boots. 

The edge of the skirt was easier this time around and that made it easier to give the edge a better scalloped effect.  The hand felt less fiddly too, Funnily enough I have paused at the same point, with the bonnet and tulip to go. .



3 comments:

Julie said...

So sweet.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work, these are looking very sweet.

Faith... said...

Those Sunbonnet Sues are so cute!