Saturday 3 August 2024

A long time waiting (Sampler Quilt)

I started this sampler quilt in 2017 Tumbling Blocks  being the first of several new blocks I learned along the way. I finished it in 2022 and gifted it to my mother for Christmas that year.

But I never did get around to taking a good picture of the finished quilt.

The ladies organisation at Church (Relief Society) are having craft evenings, with either bring something you are working on, or try something that has been brought by someone else. 

This week I decided to avail myself of all that floor space (and also a holding helper) to take some pictures of the sampler quilt in full. Oh and also to make use of the large table to get my blue Flimsy sandwiched. I did get it pinned and made a start at taking it together. I am using very thin wadding as an experiment.

Anyway that will get a post all of its own back to the Sampler Quilt.



And a side view, you can see the four "extra drunkards path blocks made their way into the corners of the edge sashing.


and of course a view of the back, 


still hard to make out the quilting lines.


but a bit better, fingers and feet of my volunteer helper. I don't think he will become an internet star from this picture.

Oh and my mother said her favourite block is that first one, tumbling blocks so I made a little duvet cover to co-ordinate. However, stitching in secret I got a little turned around and made a mistake of sorts, I wonder if you can see what that was.



Pleased to finally have a proper finished post for this project even if it is rather late in arriving.

1 comment:

diamondc said...

Love the quilt you made for your mother, I am not a quilter and cannot see the mistake on the other quilt.

Catherine