Sunday 23 April 2023

I made a BUNNY!

 Do I sound a bit excited there, well I was, I still am.

I was gifted a kit for my birthday, a needle felt kit. Something new I have never tried before although Kirsty Allsopp certainly made it look and sound like fun.

This is a picture of the kit. 

and what came in the kit



Core wool (on the right) the coloured wool on the left, needles and the needle pad in the middle.

First step separate the core wool into sections for the body, head and ears.



Then cover them with the coloured wool and stabby stabby with the needles, there are two sizes and it does make a difference.

I got a bit carried away with the doing and quite forgot to take any further pictures till I had the elements joined.




Then need to add the eyes, nose and mouth and as the instructions said "add some character" to the make.




 
Now there are often meme type jokes about cross stitching being evidence that the Stitcher had the patience to stab something many many times so beware, but it has nothing on this craft given the needles are more like mini harpoons, barbs and all.

You will notice that my bunny..."I MADE A BUNNY!" Is not exactly the same as the picture on the kit. That is fine I like mine better and it was fun, and cute and its mine.









So is this both the beginning and the end of the needle felting journey?

It might have been if online buying had been the only option but as the local shop this original kit came from, Home Bargains (and compared to the kit price one line it certainly was) had some others well there may be further posts related to this new craft.

The Bunny might be beginners luck, the other kits might not be as much fun or turn out as well.

Oh dear this might be more than one single patch in my patchwork of crafts!




3 comments:

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, he turned out so flippin' cute! I love his big ears, even better than the image shown. I have a kit waiting for me when I get home, you made this look easy.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is a very strange hobby but he is adorable! I love his super sized ears. Looking forward to seeing what other creatures Home Bargains sends your way.

stitchinrose said...

I like your bunny a lot better, cuter I think