Monday 10 April 2023

The finishes before the start

  have been shared for this pair of projects which were an investigative purchase from a charity shop of a kit from a "discount" shop.


So what came in the box?


The pattern, thread , pre-sorted which is always nice. pieces of Aida, a needle and a packet of stuffing. The only thing not included was the twine pictured to hang the finished item up with. That was made clear on the box and was not disappointing for me as the twine did not appeal.

The patterns were both nice and clear and a reasonable size.


They were very soothing to work on blocks of colour big enough to enjoy but not so big they challenged my ability to count.

Now then intent was obviously for the cross stitches to be backed with the other two pieces of Aida.

That felt wasteful and the colours in the designs reminded me of some material I had in the loft that would be fine. I also decided that there was the possibility the filling might peek through the Aida a bit of lining would not go amiss. 


ready to stuff.



ready to add ribbons



now if you are a regular visitor and blog hopper you will recognise them both from the Secret Stitching Sweetheart and Easter Hop 2023.

The designs were wonderfully convenient, heart shaped for the February Hop  and a bunny for the Easter one. They had me nicely in advance for my hop stitching.

However my stitched in advance projects for Hops are used up and I best get thinking what to do for the next ones coming along later this year.

I am as yet undecided if the two left over pieces from this kit will be used for a second set of fox and rabbits as there is also plenty of thread left from the kit and filling also.




3 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

These are both very cute and enabled you to be well prepared!
The next Hop will be in August so you have a while to find the perfect project!

Roni said...

I am trying to achieve that nirvana myself now, rather than needing to catapult something in at the last moment every time. I do like both though, and the backing material brings back happy memories of Quilting Sisters x

Astrids dragon said...

They both turned out so cute and finished beautifully!