Wednesday 23 February 2022

BFF SAL 7 is it yellow

 The colours in the kit have no DMC reference (there are DMC numbers in the magazine but I don't think the  kit thread is branded) so in the kit there are descriptions for the colour.  One is described as yellow.

To me it looks pale peach, now I have blogged about colours before ""a question of colour" so I know there can be debate about named descriptions. That aside I have avoided the yellow whilst having an internal debate about whether I liked it or not.

Followed by the question of would it be bothering me if they had called it pale peach or am I objecting to it not being the colour I think the name means it should be?

Either way Roni told me it looked more yellow once stitched onto the blue. So I stitched the "yellow" handles on the frame to test the waters as it were.


Hmm ..well in person I remain uncertain (hence stitching all the purple and starting on the green) but the photograph maybe it does look like a yellow.

Now I have made a mistake on my frame where the cat will go, I forgot to leave the space on the inner frame and have decided I will just overstitch when I get to that part rather than un-pick it.

I have also miscounted my flower top right and I expect I will change the colour of the cat..so I shall echo the sentiments of my friend about this easy little kit. Ah well!

Pop over to her blog to hear her trials and tribulations CLICK HERE


6 comments:

RONI said...

Ironically the 'brown' window frames look more yellow than the 'yellow'

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

In an old gold yellow sort of way..yup

FlashinScissors said...

Hi, it’s very pretty so far. I’d probably snip the centre of the offending stitches and pull them out without cutting off the threads and then stitch over the ends as I stitched the cat. They won’t unravel. If you are going to wash after stitch8ng I’m sure they wouldn’t come undone. I know I’m never happy unless I put it right 🥴🤗 Just saying. Hope it’s helpful. Haven’t seen this pattern before, I’ll come back to see how it looks later. 😊👍
Barbara x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It definitely looks yellow to me! One of the 700s maybe?
Which magazine did this come from?

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

3855 in the key in the mag WOCS

Astrids dragon said...

I'm seeing the yellow, looks good so far!