Tuesday 16 May 2023

Gifted gorgeousness and

 accidental re-gifting.

Pop on over to serendipitous stitching to see what it is all about and find the other participants.

This was originally an item that came as a cover gift. Its for  holding threads for a project. I don't care for them, I much prefer a bit of card with holes punched in it for sorting the threads that come in kits. And if not a kit I prefer to just used the thread from the bobbins in my storage bag.

My BFF mentioned how much she liked hers so I thought that I would personalise it with a bit of pyrography. Then it would make the equivalent of a stocking filler.


When I was wrapping stuff  I suddenly remembered I had a still in the wrapper DMS floral one of these. I thought that it had come as one of the "your letter was printed" gifts,  my BFF would appreciate and use it so it got wrapped as well.

Came to gift giving time and she was pleased with the initialled wooden one , but the other put a funny look on her face..then an even funnier one on mine when she noted she had given it to me in the first place ! Oh dear I had so forgotten. 

I don't have a picture of that one, or of the looks on our faces, before we both laughed and laughed.


3 comments:

DJ said...

Ooops, so glad your friend has a good sense of humor! The one pictured is lovely!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a beautiful thread holder. I tend to use them to store just one colour. So I have a couple with just black thread on because so many of my projects seem to use 310!
Laughing at the regifted gift!

Astrids dragon said...

This one is very special and the other one was beautiful! Great minds think alike?