Tuesday 29 June 2021

Blackwork

 a lighter shade of pale and the wallpaper starts to make an appearance.

Funny that I found a fill to use for the wallpaper and I am still contemplating what to use for the underskirt which was the fist of the "unfilled on the pattern" sections that I felt needed something more.

I chose a very pale shade of grey and at first, thought perhaps it was a bit too pale but all in it has the effect I wanted. It helps define the table and the chair but still sits back from the figure and managed not to become too busy.




I like it so much I think that the top half of the wall may get some fill as well, something a little more vertical. Not seen a fill as yet to use and might have to come up with something myself. (which nay well be something someone somewhere has already thought of but I've not found).

In the meantime there is still the underskirt to be contemplated and a dark grey still calls to me for that.

And my mother is waiting for her to "get some hair" and stop "looking like an alien" however I think the hair will be going on last. 

Additionally I think I need  to choose a frame just in case I need to extend the pattern to fit. The original only goes eight stitches above the sampler and that feels a bit squashed to me. So still lots of planning contemplating fun to be had with this.


1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I love that pale grey on the walls. I would actually leave the top plain, as it reminds me of how we used to decorate - a strong pattern under the dado rail and a plain or slightly mottled paper above.