Friday 18 June 2021

BFF SAL 4 going all around

 to get back to where I started...

Last week I was on green shade five, the darkest shade when it was stopping time.  Now on the pattern the symbol for 5 and 4 is quite close when looking at the pattern from a reasonable distance. In that they are both rather dark. The difference between the actual colours is much more pronounced.

It is OK close up as seen here but at sewing distance not so much .


That may be why when I started back I just could not get my eye in for the area where I had worked the mid green and I kept getting lost, so I went up and did that section then over to the right then down then along till I had stitched myself back to the area where I had got lost.

By the time I did that, and it took just about the two hours my eye was much more focused and in went the stitches and it all matched up and the count for the gaps was right so happy.

I did have a pause midway and a crisis of confidence in the pattern fitting. Stop laughing, yes I know that is something I do, but this was measured with lots extra (well lots for me inches rather than stitches) and yet it was looking so big.  Could be the whiteness of it after working on colours, or that this is 14 count after working on 18 or over two on 28 (yup that is the same as 14 count but it feels smaller) but for whatever reason it was out with the ruler to check, and it is fine, it will fit, there will be an edge...erm I will just measure it again and again.  You know until I reach the top I am going to keep wondering if it is going to fit and be discounting the truth of those measurements. 

I even worried my BFF, as she said what you doing, said what was bothering me to which she exclaimed oh but I did mine from the size you told me! Now that is less daft of her than it sounds, as I just read the stich count and design size out, I did not measure it and she is so much better at that than me, she will be fine!


So after all of that here is the update picture.





Pop over to my BFF's blog to see hers, and yes it is the same pattern but once again we have ended up stitching it from different starting points and I am looking forward to getting to sew some of the shade she is already a tad fed up with and she is looking with eagerness to stitching anything but! Of course she is stitching on blue to start with which may have something to do with it.

click here for link or use the link at the side of my blog page


2 comments:

RONI said...

Looking like green fireworks!!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It does look like a firework! I don't like it when they use similar symbols close together like that. I'd make a working copy and colour it in.