Friday 4 June 2021

A trick of my eyes

 So doing the fireplace surround, mantlepiece and grate was very soothing and easy to stitch as running stitch , the key pattern was also delightful to do and completed as running stitch. I had meant to pause and take a picture of that at the half way point but I was having too much fun with it (there are a few more sections to do so perhaps then)

Now I have checked, and checked and checked again and the height of the skirting board on the left is the same as on the right.

I have even run my needle hole by hole from one side to the other (yes more than once, there and back) and it is right.  Now if I could just convince my eyes of that as each time I glance over at it, pick it up and stare at it my eyes say that it is not level.

I do hope that feeling goes as the stitch progresses or at the framing stage! It will be annoying otherwise.























Indeed having added the picture it still looks so out I have had to go and check it again, it is driving me mad...(definition of madness, doing the same thing multiple times expecting to get a different result) perhaps it needs a mid stitch press and block just to settle it down.

And so time for the chair back, more straight lines trying to be curves (not that she is making use of the back of her chair) getting closer to the fill stitches and looking forward to that.


1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It looks OK to me! I think once it is stretched you won't notice it anymore.