Sunday 6 June 2021

Things with wings

 both my mother and I are fond of them which means that I can join in this months 



hosted by Jo over at serendipitousstitching as this month the choice was for butterflies which are one of my mothers favourite winged things.

I make them for her as gifts and have shared some of those butterflies here in the past sweet-pea-plus. ,wooden-heart, perforated-paper they have even turned up in my quilting a-flutterby-of-roses.

In this instance I am going to share a piece stitched a long time ago which had not till now made an appearance on my blog.

It is one of a pair of patterns and although I have thus far only stitched one of the pair I have the frame and mount for the second ready and waiting (it has been waiting for so long I expect the in waiting mount will be lighter having fades slightly having seen the light of day.

This was a slow stitch as I could only work on it for ten or fifteen minuets a night just before bed so it would be a surprise for my mother.

Tropical butterflies

 




















I had the frames made to size and the mounts cut to fit (this was before I was cutting my own mounts) so I should get round to making the second one. My mother could rotate them if she does not feel like having both up at the same time.

3 comments:

Pamela said...

You have stitched a gorgeous piece! I'm sure your mother loves it!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. That is a beautiful design and I'm sure your Mum treasures it.

Mary's Thread said...

That is a gorgeous project!