Tuesday 15 June 2021

June Gifted gorgeousness link up

 Wow the 15th came around again fast and I have an item to share under the theme as set by Jo at serendipitousstitching of something sewing or craft related either received as a gift  or made as a gift.

You have seen part of this before,  actually longer ago that I realised now that I come to think of it Back in February and I was killing two birds with one stone as the piece I picked for the Secret Sweetheart looked perfect for my BFF's coming birthday and her new crafting space.  I sent it off to Jo just as the cross stitch and finished it to a book later.  Amusingly my BFF(randomly selected by Jo) had this as her Secret Sweetheart stitch.  

When it came to finishing it I had a very pale purple notebook and the size was a match . Just to give it a bit of  something as it was not getting a "frame" I drew threads around the edges so a little of the book colour would show through.  It is just glued on with a strong craft glue.  It was intended for her 2021 birthday and we did manage to get together and exchange gifts a few months on from birthdays.




Now if you are getting deja vu from another participant in the link up well yes you may well have seen this before as I am posting this as a gift I made and my BFF is posting it as a gift received.  

We should both be posting again in a day or two with our progress on our BFF Stitchalong.


6 comments:

DJ said...

Aww what a lovely gift to give and be given!! I love the idea of attaching it to a book. Your stitching is lovely too!

jocondine said...

Great to see this very nice stitching twice from where it was made with love to where it will be used with love. That's a clever idea to drew threads and make appear the book color. I hope we'll see soon the contents of the catalogue. xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I did do a double take! It's a great gift though and I like the drawn thread edge too. I do that with some of my scrapbooked pieces.

RONI said...

The drawn thread is a very effective way to frame it. Might think about that one if the TW SAL ends up on a book for me

Elfie said...

That's such a lovely gift!

BeingBored89 said...

I love it! It came out lovely!