Sunday, 9 August 2026

Sunday Stitchings 09.08.2026

 After the bit of time allocated to the kittens during this weeks SAL there was very little left to do today to reach a finish.











It feels odd , not having to do any backstitch, odd but nice.

I have thread left over.









which has the tempting thought that I could stitch this over one, given that absence of fractional or back stitches. Not right away but perhaps later.

So to the thing that has been on my mind since last Sunday. What to stich next for Sunday Stitchings, or even if to do it at all going forward as a separate  focused time or just use that time for whatever comes to hand. 

Still thinking, perhaps it could be for "smalls" as my BFF calls little kits. I do have a few that she does not so they will not become BFF SALs or .....or I could start something large and new that might let me add some of the gold filament I bought. 










The thread is already on a card, although not fully sorted I have to cross check with my DMC threads to see which is exactly which as the kit states they may not all be DMC but an equivalent. 

Looks like a lot of black. 

It states the pattern finishes as 9" by 22"  I shall have to add that to my "keeping an eye out" list of frame measurements on my phone. I am already looking for 10.5" by 24".  I have the feeling I came across one whilst looking for that second size that would have been OK for this, although perhaps the width of the frame itself was a bit wide. 

Hmm I remember where it was I might take another look tomorrow. If the frame is still there and proves to be suitable then the chances of this kit getting a start will improve.

The timings for church are changing from 11 for sacrament to 10. They had made sacrament later with the lesson first to make it easier for those without their own transport or other issues to make the sacrament meeting. We were amongst those but now we are there via zoom so reverting is not an issue for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment