Wednesday 10 April 2024

BFF 14 Got it licked

 All I had left to do was backstitch inside the inner black edge and round the word.

Easy!

I  however chose to do that with two strands of gold blending filament. I wonder what inspired that choice?

I liked the way it was looking but it is certainly a lot slower to work with than normal thread.

As I worked my way around the edge and we chatted I sent my BFF pictures of a finished quilt top (sometimes referred to as a flimsy in quilting groups) and some finished blocks for another "flimsy"  in progress. They will get their own posts at some point hopefully with more colour representative pictures. But talking about quilting projects brought to mind a post I had seen on Facebook with the lady noting she had been told when threading to "lick the needle and not the thread" she had tried it and it worked. Of course it might be safer to say wet the needle not the thread! As licking the needle on a sewing machine sounds like it requires a contortionist or a rather long tongue. Anyway I tried it, the wetting not the licking and it worked. And just as suddenly I thought I wonder if the same would be true of a cross stitch needle?

It was, for me and for the blending filament , it surprised me that it worked.

So here is the picture.


Sadly after all that you can't see the sparkle from the gold filament, I might try another picture later in natural light to see if that can capture it.

Just as a reminder the pattern is from this book 




We have decided on BFF 15 and I am all ready to go


surprisingly we also know what we are going to do for BFF 16 but we feel a little stitch in between larger projects is a good reset. We are amazed that we have found so many "joint" projects and continue to do so.

CLICK HERE to see my BFF's update.




 

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Congratulations on the Happy Dance for the BFF SAL. I guessed you would be adding some sparkle when I saw the giant cone you got from the charity shop! What a bargain.