Saturday 2 September 2023

Felting = Temu = Quilt Top

 So the felting kits Bunny and Cat got me thinking about something I could felt to my own design (mostly) and I was looking for some more colours and bits. Probably due to how much of a bargain the kits were some of the online prices for bits came as a surprise.

which led me to Temu and a set with a nice range of colours, little bits but enough for what I envision and well once you start putting bits in a basket other things fall in with them.

Some out of curiosity more than need or even want to be honest.

A pack of 50 squares in an assortment of colours arrived. On checking there were 51 bits. They were not perfectly cut square but close enough for the price.

I decided on nine patches alternating with bigger squares.

Five of the nine would be from the assortment. with the four being of the same material in the nine but each nine would be a different set of four..

So ten sets of five, sorted into the groupings by my mother.

Ten sets of four, I decided which went with the chosen five and stitched them all up.

I roped my Dad into deciding the layout of the nine patches and bigger squares.

And sewed them up.

Popped on an edge from my scraps (left over from the backing on the sampler quit) and this is the top



The colours are not showing up all that well in the picture, it has washed them out a bit. It was very relaxing just putting this together.

I have the backing sorted (same as the big squares) but it may have to wait a bit before it gets quilted.

Other bits from the same place may well fall into  my ordering basket, I have quite a few of the "cut for the 4 squares" bit left. 



 



No comments: