Sunday 1 April 2018

The reverse...

well backside just sounded wrong.

Finished the hand quilting part of my modified Roman Stripe quilt.

It is nice to get a picture with the quilting design showing.

That is not always easy to do.

I quite like how it has turned out thus far.



Especialy as I had not made up my mind how I was going to quilt it until after the sandwich was basted.

Marking on after basting can be a bit tricky.

Now I have folded it up and put it away whilst I get another project basted and decide how that one will be quilted.





And so I can decide if I an going to free motion quilt the edge or not.

At the moment I am more not than do, but that could be the desire to being closer to getting the binding on and being finished than a properly thought out design choice.



And if I do freemotion, do I try to echo the pattern or just go totally random...mind random can be tricky too.

Oh and here is a little reminder of the top, now with quilting added.





No comments: