Friday 27 April 2018

This is where the dragons went...

so here is the finished duvet cover with the sleeping dragon and the opening paragraph from Sir Terry Pratchett's Guards!Guards! 

A wonderful combination for me of my favorite subject, a dragon, my favorite piece of prose about dragons and the beginning of one of my favorite books by a favorite author.

So after all of those favorites, is this piece a favorite?

Quilting this is were the dragons went

That would be a yes! 

If you are new to my blog and not suffered enjoyed the process of getting to this point with me, or want a reminder here are links to the previous posts.  




to-quilt-or-not-to-quilt.

dragon-rinsed-and-beyond

I have also confirmed the name of the original artist on who's work the image of the dragon was firmly based. Anne Yvonne Gilbert. Pleased to be able to credit her for the inspirational dragon images.

This is the original image that inspired the sleeping dragon, you may be able to see the just opened sleeping eye, daring a closer inspection.


You can also see that I have interpreted the colour of the scales ect to meet my personal preferences.


Now I am looking to see what else that I have in progress I could finish...however I am getting distracted with ohh look at that I had forgotten that bit of material I was going to..oh look at that I put that to one side to do....ohhhh.

Finishing something can lead to starting several other somethings, or as the poor centipede in the poem, sitting distracted in the ditch trying to figure out which leg comes after which. 

No comments: