Monday 8 August 2022

Stitching Friends are Friends who Count 2022

 In 2020 Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching hosted for her Summer HOP the theme of Stitching Friends are Friends who Count, it went so well it is establishing itself as a new HOP. Welcome to the third year.

So this is how it works, participating bloggers are assigned another blog to read and get to know the blogger. Then share something that they think their new stitching friend will like, either something previously sewn or something seen in a pattern. With a little added twist that who the post is about won't be revealed till the end, just in case you want to try and guess. 

Here is a link to my post from last year if you missed it and want to have a try with that one as well.

Now I will link to individual posts for the "Friends" blog as I go, so if you want to play the guessing game leave the links till last.

Introduction time, this bloggers current blog started in 2010, however that looks to not be her first foray into the world of blogging and some issues with the previous attempts  Third Time Lucky

A prolific stitcher with a wide taste in designs and finishes one of her early WIP's caught my eye being as it was the same pattern as one I have done, although hers is on a beautiful fabric unlike mine on the white aida that came with the kit.  UFO update

This is my version....oh look what a surprise (not) it is a dragon! My dragon's story


Rod |Stewart concert in Birmingham, cheese and onion on toast  a  very appropriate repast I think, this stitcher likes to get together with fellow stitchers both by participating in hops and in person visiting Wales  adding to their wonderous stash and future projects. And also the home of Dragons.

A Grand parent, and also blessed with the company of dogs this person likes a fairy on top of the Christmas Tree but that is certainly not the limit of Christmas finishes both decorations and gifts.

Indeed the blog is a great place for finishing inspiration as there are many variations.

Now something I have made that might be appreciated, not a piece of stitching but them the blog I have been perusing  is peppered with non stitching delights of one sort of another I am sure that will be ok.

This is a plaster plaque I was given and painted myself.



There is a pattern for this image should stitching it be your desire....


As my mother is rather fond of it I may well do that one day.

So it is time to make a beverage of your choice, get out the cookies, pull up a chair and spend some quality time with  ??????????????

And whilst you do remember that Stitching friends are friends who COUNT.




For more introductions a guessing games pop over to Serendipitous Stitching to find a list of all this years participants. Click HERE to link





9 comments:

Roni said...

Ooo lots of lovely mice, and you've even managed to share something I've never seen before in the plaque!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I like your painted plaque. I didn't guess who your stitching friend was and I read her blog!

Denise :) said...

Fun post! I love your plaque and the cross stitched piece, too. I they would both appeal to your 'stitching friend' very much, as well! :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The Summer Postcard Blog Hop this year.
I love your description of our friend and the perfect little piece for the final clues!

jocondine said...

Great post, cute mouse so focus on her reading (maybe a library rat as we say for bookworm). Amitiés. xxx

Mouse said...

ooo oooo squeeking loudly ... it's meeee ...lol as soon as I saw the dragon I knew ...lol... which reminds me I must finish it off one day hahahahah
thank you for the lovely write up too :) love mouse xxxxxx

Leonore Winterer said...

Who does not love a good TW! Also love the little mouse you picked for here, it's so cute.

Astrids dragon said...

I also have that pattern, but have yet to stitch it. Yours is beautifully stitched and framed, regardless of the fabric!
Those cute mice certainly confirmed who your friend is, our sweet stitching mouse!

FlashinScissors said...

You fooled me with the Dragon piece, first I thought your friend was Jo, then I thought Tiffstitches! Just as I pressed the link I guessed Mouse 🤦‍♀️ Great post!
Barbara 🤣😂🤣😂🙋‍♀️👍xx