Sunday 8 August 2021

Stitching Friends Summer Blog Hop 2021

Last year Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching hosted a Stitching Friends are Friends Who Count HOP, as her summer hop. The theme and the process of  finding new blogging friends was so popular it has remained the theme for this years summer hop.

Here is the link to Last Years home page and participants list if you missed it.

So this is how it works, participating bloggers are assigned another blog to read and get to know the blogger and then introduce on their own blog. Then share something that they think their new stitching friend will like, either something previously sewn or something seen in a pattern . With a little added twist that who the post is about won't be revealed till the end, just in case you want to try and guess.

Now I will link to individual posts as I go, so if you do want to play the guessing game leave the links till last.

So on to my introduction, this blogger started blogging in 2014 spurred on by a stitch along of what must rank as her most stitched designer Just Nan. Her first post however was not from that designer but was one of the recurring themes of her blog, a sampler featuring one of the recurring themes of mine, a dragon. And I must admit one of the few samplers that I have ever strongly contemplated doing and from a designer I have sewn.

So I think she might like this one 


Dragon Dreams ICE bucket challenge brr chilly. 

This blogger has the skills to deal with chilly, she knits, wearable clothing type knits. My own knitting is less impressive and considerably slower. I have no recommendations for knitting other than to say don't knit like me.

Her warming skills are not limited to the wearable, as she also quilts, projects large and small, quick and those that have taken just that little bit longer as she mentioned in her contribution to Jo's Tenth Blogaversary . I have been there with some of my quilts but the one that took the longest was also dragon themed. 


Oh and there are cakes of various kinds but most importantly as far as I am concerned there are chocolate cakes. Maybe I will take a closer look at those.

Turning back to the sewing,  she might like this free Durene Jones  biscornu from Durene's  Facebook page.




as this twisty odd mathematically inspired shape is another one of her favourites. She is an enthusiastic participant in Jo's blog hops, in other themed stitch challenges and exchanges (which I note often appear to include chocolate of some sort)  

So if you have not guessed who it is by now her is another clue, something else I am also fond of, the Celtic Knot, and which this blogger loves, or at least the title of her blog would would suggest that is the case, once you have translated it from the language of the country in which she currently resides. 

Now before I reveal my allocated blogger just a reminder if you did not come here from Jo's blog of the link to the home page of the hop for this year pop on over to serendipitous stitching for the links to all the 



And the blogger I have had the delight of introducing ? It is Mary from La Coeur Celtique Click Here to jump to her blog rather than to any individual post, or pop back to the beginning of this post and take the links to individual posts if you have not done so already.

And remember, stitching friends are friends who count.



6 comments:

diamondc said...

This is a fun post, the Biscornu is lovely, so refreshing to look at.

Catherine

diamondc said...

I have added you to my Blog Roll.

Catherine

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The Stitching Friends Hop this summer. Great clues and I think I learned some things about our Mary too! I have to go and check out her first post right now!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I enjoyed reading your description of me. I admit to a weakness for chocolate but I hadn't realised it was that obvious :)
With my Irish heritage you rightly surmised that I have a weakness for Celtic themes.
The Durene Jones biscornu is a good choice as I've admired your and Roni's FFO of this design.

Leonore Winterer said...

Wonderful post and so many pretty pictures! A new-to-me blogger too.

Astrids dragon said...

You can't go wrong with dragons!
That would be a sweet one for Mary to stitch.
How did I miss (or forget) about the chocolate?!