Thursday 14 March 2024

BFF SAL 14 A Bit of Dirty Harry?

 Once I finished the backstitch on the main part of the design it was time to chose the colour for the black work.

I had my eye on a skein of random thread in a bag of mixed threads I bought at the charity shop. The  shade I was particularly drawn to was not however a full skein. Not a named brand, so as my BFF pointed out using it was taking a bit of a risk.

So "do I feel lucky" well in this instance yes I do and yes I also have a plan if it does run out. 


I like how it is looking so far, and I was getting into a nice rhythm as our evening came to an end.

I think the fact that we have our next project planned but it is not one we are eager to do, its just going to be a nice little place holder whilst we look for the next big BFF means we are both happy with however long this takes.

So far we have four disenable differences, material count, and colour. the lightest shade of the petals and now the colour of the blackwork.

We may also approach blackwork a little differently, that remains undecided and is also part of the plan should I have underestimated the thread available.

To see the progress on my BFF's version of this case Click Here to go to her blog.

Oh and I remain delighted with the music of Forestella so perhaps I will see what is classed as traditional Korean embroidery just out of interest.

No comments: