Sunday 17 December 2023

Advent Calendar 2023 Blog hop day 17

 and it is my turn to provide a picture for today, if you came her from  Serendipitous Stitching then you will know what the advent hop is all about, if not CLICK HERE  for a proper introduction but basically  we share a Christmas make and answer a question Jo sets for us.

I was a bit behind on my Christmas Stitching, but here is my advent stitch.


I am quite please with how my interpretation of Durene Jones redwork heart turned out.

And he question this year was about our Santa related traditions. For the first six years of my life  we lived in a house with a coal fire. Letters to Santa were burnt in the fire and the smoke took your wish list off to the North Pole.  Christmas eve the fire was not banked it was left to go out and the little door left open. Then we moved, no fire, central heating and how were we to get out wish list to Santa? Well my grandparents still had a fire at first and the letters were sent from there. Then their home was modernised and no fire there either. But by then without me recalling just how the lac had stopped bothering me.

I hope you all have a happy Christmas and enjoy the rest of the hop.

Click HERE to link back to the host site and for more advent.

Or follow the link to the added later Forestella Song (linked to the image and not to the season) Forestella 포레스텔라 - Lay Silk On My Heart 내 마음에 주단을 깔고 [Color_Coded_Han|Rom|Eng] (youtube.com)

8 comments:

jocondine said...

Such a lovely stitching, I love those little birds and the holly leaves, wonderful redwork! Another great story and What an original way to send your letter to Santa! Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year. Lovely redwork. We always had a coal fire but made sure it was put out so Father Christmas did not burn his toes on the coals!

Clare-Aimetu said...

That's a lovely design, beautiful stitching. Merry Christmas 🎄

Leonore Winterer said...

Sending letters to Santa via the smoke is such a beautiful idea, thanks for sharing.

Tiffstitch said...

Oh, I love this one! Lovely finish and Merry Christmas!

Shelly said...

Great memories of Santa! Pretty finish! Merry Christmas 🎁

Denise :) said...

Your stitchery is really beautiful! So fun to hear other's stories about Santa, and their memories of him. I hope you had a Merry Christmas ... and a very Happy New Year! Hugs! :)

Astrids dragon said...

Your heart turned out beautifully!
I love how the smoke took your letter where it was supposed to go, how clever.