Saturday 18 November 2023

Fitted Mount

 I have previously shared the finished cross stitch of the modified Durene Jones pattern (its a free one from her Facebook page) when I finished the stitching part.

I had a frame in mind, one from a charity shop that came with a piece of encaustic wax art. Just colours not a specific picture.


I had intended to just use the frame, then I though I might use the waxed card as a normal mount, and then well..I decided to do a shaped mount. 



I traced out around the character and marked it on the back of the card and cut through with a craft knife.



Then back into the frame.


I still like the frame however, I am not at all sure that the way I cut the mount does the character justice. Perhaps I would have been better off  just going with the square mount.

It was well stuck and gifted as is anyway. It did lead to me using that technique much more successfully for a Peter Rabbit framed up at the same time which inspired me to recycle a card as a frame for a Robin both of which you will have seen if you have joined me for past blog hops.

Posting this fully finished waited at first for it to be gifted, and then I sort of forgot that I had not shared it. Then it waited some more for my brother to remember to take a picture for me of himself with the item.

And well by the time he remembered there has been a bit of a change in his grooming .


He looks a bit happier in his hat in the original picture he sent me of him wearing it . And Oh! It had just dawned on me he has changed the frame! That's so funny, I was looking at the picture he sent me for such a long time before that sunk in. I might even get round to asking if that was a décor choice or something befell the original.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually think the custom mount works better than a square or rectangular one would have. Glad to see it finally shared too.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fabulous bit of repurposing! Glad that brother liked it too.