Monday 20 November 2023

A round box

 I started on this box some time ago. I had been gifted a spool of nail foil, you put the varnish on wait for it to get tacky press on the foil wait then peel off the back and have pretty nails.

Nope, not for me, it did not work. So I had the bright idea to varnish a box, wait for it to get tacky and try the nail foil.

It was only fractionally more successful then om my nails. So I only did one strip along the bottom. Then varnished it with a gold tinted varnish. The rest of the sides with normal varnish and back to the gold for the top.

And I waited for it to dry, And then forgot all about it, drying up in the loft.

Of course a trip up to the loft for something else (purple paper which I never did find, must have used it already) got my eye on it and thought need to get the inside of the box sorted.

Had some nice material, bits from some trousers a lady at work gave me (wow that was some years ago) after she had already chopped bits off to line a bag.

It was a shade of purple or maybe you might call it pink with a hem of gold. It was the hem of gold that made me think it might be a good match.

And As the box had a fret work top, the lid needed a double sided piece.


The inside.



The trickiest
thing to get one was the little tassel, getting the ring through the ring on the catch.



Its not fully finished because I don't know who it is for yet, and once I do, well the base might get a touch of pyrography and some varnish or it might just get some green stickyback plastic ( I can't think of that without thinking of Blue Peter makes).

No comments: