Saturday 15 August 2020

Gifted gorgeousness August 2020

as organised by Jo over at  serendipitous stitching

just a small post for a double in the gift category.

A friend's daughter has had her first child, actually I guess the daughter could also be classed as more friend than acquaintance, she has on occasion attended a quilting night or two. Anyway this momentous event calls for a birth sampler.

With a picture of the nursery provided for ideas and a hunt for a pattern not resulting in a find I am trying my hand at designing. I will share that later, after completion and gifting. Presuming all goes well.

But the background material was being a bit difficult I did not have the shade required, and dye pen experiments aside did not think I could get as dark a shade as required, and matching to a photo is fraught with pitfalls I was going to default to black or navy blue neither of which felt right.

And he comes the gift from my BFF a piece of Blue Spruce 14 count Aida that whilst not the colour of the nursery focus wall will tonally coordinate and go well with the colours in the design element.



Saved by my BFF, I am still tempted to experiment with the dye option but when the result is less important and less time restrictive. Now to hope I have a suitable frame in stash, although at the moment climbing up the ladder into the loft is not a pleasant thought as my hip and knee are not feeling very friendly at the moment.  I have photographs which had narrowed it down a little but a first hand check for size is important. 




4 comments:

RONI said...

Always good to see the stash finding a project... I'm excited to watch how this one turns out.

DJ said...

I love the color of the fabric! I can't wait to see what your design will be! Happy hunting for the frame and I hope you feel less sore soon!

Christine said...

Such a lovely colour fabric!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. This is going to be an exciting project when we are allowed to see it! Feel free to show a corner of the fabric each month just to join in with the SAL and remind us that you are stitching!