Sunday 12 September 2021

Mr DeMille, I am ready for my close up

 after my last post of the angels face for Millennium back in April I noted that not every one  looks good close up and that perhaps was true of the angel.

It has been a long time since I picked it up, that is because I was debating if the last few stitches that I had put into the face had to come out or could they remain. They were the right colour but for some reason I used two strands where there should only have been one.  I think I stitched to far past the proper brain still functioning point into that dangerous just one more thread stage where the thought these stiches are not going in as easily as the others did not immediately equal stop you are sewing with too many strands. 

Unpicking when you have sewn over one is not delightful, but is doable and in this case that is what I eventually decided to do.

And the face of the angel on the left is done...hence the title of the blog.


looking so much better, although I must admit a bit of distance and the angel as a whole looks good too.


hands and face done on the left time to turn my attention to the face of the angel on the right.


It was Stake Conference this weekend, over the internet, not sure if the progress made will keep me going over the next few days or if it will wait till General Conference to be worked on again as I have other projects easier to fit into the working week and I have been trying to get some quilting projects moving.


1 comment:

RONI said...

Nice, it was worth the Frog visiting, the angel looks more angelic now.