Monday 12 July 2021

Blackwork more wallpaper

The top section this time, I have modified the pattern I used for the bottom of the wall (which was from The New Anchor Book of Blackwork) into something with a more vertical theme.

Now it is not finished as I have not quite decided on the height of the finished piece. I will settle that once I have the frame picked out.

The gap to the left is for the mirror over the fire place. There was a wall sconce with a candle to the left of the mirror, but both the scale and the design of it did not appeal to me so I have left that off.

Still not settled on the fill for the underskirt. I will mull it over some more then hopefully it will pop into my head what will be suitable.























I will note that soothing as blackwork is, during a football final may not be the best time to try stitching it. I had to take out sections three times whilst doing this. I would otherwise have finished it in the match time (even with out extra time or penalties) but as it was the last two panels and a bit to the right had to wait just that bit longer.

This is cropped roughly where the frame will go. The pattern has a stitched frame, I am not sure I want that I might just have the design go to the edge of the mount and let the mount frame the image.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This may sound silly, but I think I'd do a horizontal pattern on the floor and leave the underskirt white.