Wednesday 7 July 2021

BFF Sal 4 Start as

 you don't mean to go on and then do!

OK that needs a bit of unravelling.

I started on the blue with no intention of continuing on with it past the bit of thread in that shade which was already cut. The It was to be back onto the green.

Indeed after only a little bit on the blue I was past done with it as it was fighting my ability to see where I was, but I would finish the thread in the needle.

However, by the time that was done I was in a place I could "see" again so I kept going with the blue and I never did get to the green.
















At the end of the evening it is traditional for us to hold up our projects for a tanah! moment, my friend held up hers and then I held up mine close to the camera . My friend commented my fireworks were exploding blue, I mentioned the blue stretched almost to a specific clear feature.

We then had a conversation in which my friend appeared concerned that the blue was further over  and I was saying it was ok and we were talking which bit was which for a little when she said.."I don't think that there is enough material left you are so far over."....ah light bulb...I was holding my project up with half of the material folded behind out of the way to make it easier to handle.  My friend did not realise that...the look on her face when I said oh you are worried my material is too small and unfolded it... was a picture and I was not able to stop laughing.

Mind given I have on occasion been rather close to the edge her concern is understandable and we were both a bit more tired than usual having started 15 mins late and overrun by the same so her sudden though of "didn't she have more material" and "oh no its too small how do I tell her!" was also understandable. It is still funny, we normally communicate so much better we oft don't need to finish sentences and other people think that we are talking in code, on this occasion we were in different books never mind a different page..

And the lovely thing to me (if not for my friend) was how very concerned she was that my fabric was messed up when hers was fine. She did see the funny side eventually, about the time I could catch my breath from laughing, then she got the giggles and around the merriment went.

Pop over (click her for link) and see her progress and take on the evening.

Now whilst we were sewing, well for the last hour I could hear the football in the background, and the cheers for the goals..it of course went to extra time and as I have typed this another goal for England and as I type this the match is over and England are in the final.

I only have one football themed cross stitch....LOL perhaps that should change?

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work and good to see a new colour too. Glad that you have enough fabric!