Saturday 19 September 2020

Birth sampler / announcement from scratch

 I have done quite a few birth samplers, usually by combining elements from various pattern books with a tweak her and there to make them more individual.

This time round I has something particular in mind once I had seen a picture of the nursery, I could not find it.  I was sure I had used it before, then I thought about it and it was probably 20 years ago  and I could not find the pattern.

However it was quite stuck in my head, so I decided to try and design what I wanted from scratch. So out came the graph paper.


And the coaster, well it was the nearest circle to where I was sitting when I started and I wanted a curve.




For a moon











As a seat for the baby, in  a robe. (that had some later adjustments)

















 Name and my first thoughts for stars (they would not last)

but I had a plan, I had some material thanks to my friend 

















2 comments:

Faith... said...

What a good sketch! You are talented and I hope it comes out just like you want it to!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is exactly how I design my own pieces, pencil and graph paper!