Thursday 17 September 2020

The grass is always greener?

This week I started off as I had finished, working some of the large bluebell stems as they are the same green as the leaves in the medium trees.  I though I might then have moved to the large trees but I was just not feeling like that was the way to go.

So off back to the leaves in the tree, my friend and I working on the same area together if not exactly the same, I did not last long, my eyes did not want to get into the leaves.

Ok some tracking down of ninjas in the single strand section, four of them in all, then as one of those just happened to be the same shade as the grass well back to grass it was. 

As my friend and I were chatting about the evenings stop and start and move about and she expressed her dissatisfaction with doing leaves and I suggested she join me on the grass, she's not too taken by the shade of the grass the title of both this blog and hers popped into the conversation.

As you can see, I have a reasonable (ok its tight to those that advocate 3 inches all round for framing but for me its reasonable) margin at the sides.

The bottom, and as I started in the middle I suspect the top is another matter entirely. 

Even I think that a two stich margin is getting far too close.  And by the looks of it that will be one stitch on the right.

A bit of glue on the edge may well be called for but at least the grass down the left has confirmed the position.

Funny but there is something comforting about knowing for sure.

I am still enjoying the water colour effect if the single strand little trees and the soft tones of the design.


Now as for next week, well my friend posted her blog six hours before I have been able to do mine so the additional restrictions she though might be are at this point confirmed as coming into place from midnight tonight and there is very little chance of that changing for at least a few weeks if that.  So sadly no meeting up even for a socially distanced walk (well we had been thinking of a socially distanced walk involving food and perhaps a slight change of scene) ah well we will just have to sew instead.

So pop on over to my friends blog to see what title she took from our chatting and more importantly her progress by clicking on THE LINK

3 comments:

Roni said...

And sew we shall... sigh, more lockdowns. It's still odd to see how very differently these are looking, the grass looks watercoloured on yours but like peppermints on mine - and I know we're stitching that one in the same shade!!

Faith... said...

It looks really good! Oops about being so close to the edge, that stinks but hopefully you will manage with it like that. My city has started giving tickets for failure to wear your mask and I think we are on our way to another lockdown. I just want the world to be free of this stupid virus!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice work! But a shame about the local lockdown. We're going in the opposite direction, both boys back at school/college and mixing with a lot more people.