Wednesday 30 September 2020

Backstitching

 all of the cross stitching finished, then backstitching time. Brings the details on the baby out, sharpens the points of the moon and added the name.



I usually add the date, the time and the weight, but for this one it felt like only the date would fit.  At this point the stars originally planned did not feel like the right fit.

Nor did the various options that I tried after that, my BFF brought me some soft silver thread as an alternative option.  It was not suitable but it did help me reach a decision.  

I had looked in my stash of frames for inspiration and found one that looked OK size wise, but the more I looked at it and at the picture of the nursery provided by the grandmother the less I liked it.

A trip to the shops and I was standing debating between three frames, a silver one (too sparkly) an old fashioned white frame and a simple modern frame. 

I ended up having a chat with a gentleman who was also frame shopping and he helped me decide on the simple one.

So I had the frame, just needed to add stars that fit.

 

2 comments:

Faith... said...

It is coming along very nicely!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is looking lovely, it's going to be a very special present.