Sunday 6 September 2020

Conference Stitching, been awhile

 since I worked on this particular piece. Various reasons, it is on evenweave, it is tweeding and fractional heavy.  It takes a fair amount of concentration, I always forget when it is IHSW which I had planned long ago to use as a spur to getting this done.

I do remember to pull it out at least twice a year for General Conference which I watch via the internet, which sometimes gets me back in the swing for a few weeks.

This time it has made an appearance for the two hours of Stake |Conference, which due to the present restrictions was held as a web conference.  

Now the initial progress after two hours may not appear to be much, indeed I have to point out to my mother what areas have been worked on, any progress is a bonus.

So the middle brown of the hourglass, a bit more fill in between the angel and sword blade, more mountain and reflection and a ninja or two.  Sounds more than it looks.


























But more importantly for me this has brought it out, got me started and after the conference was done, and dinner was all settled, then there was more sewing and more progress and the over one sections are becoming less of a scary thought and more of a future delight.

So all of the stitches between sword and robe is completed, and a goodly bit of sky, Everest is almost visible now.




3 comments:

Roni said...

Wow!! That has moved on a lot since I last saw it in person!! Looking forward to seeing the over one parts when you get to those too

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fabulous work, this is a lovely design. The dark blues are gorgeous.

Faith... said...

I really like this one. I just love how those mountains looks I hope it comes out more than twice a year!! :)