Wednesday 19 July 2023

BFF Sal A Baker's Dozen

 we thought it would be fun to do a SAL here that reflected the number we have reached. And most serendipitously Durene  Jones brought out a Friday Freebie that fit the bill (well almost there does need to be a bit of modifying, which you will see as we go along). The fist set of amendments required counting, and we may have counted slightly differently to each other and the pattern. That's fine unique it is!


I am using the natural shade of 14 count Aida available from Home Bargins, it looks lighter in this picture than it did as I was working on it.

I am dipping into my box of randoms for the thread. The blues here are from a card that states it is for Derwent Water Designs (DMC) Pine Tree Bay. I mentioned this to my BFF and ? where it came from, had I bought it in a bag of oddments from a charity shop.

My BFF said it sounded familiar, looked it up and said she had sewn it some time ago and we deem she must have given it to me!

She may blog that stitch at some point..

Back to the SAL and CLICK HERE to see how my BFF's take on this is looking.


.


.


3 comments:

Roni said...

What I find funniest here is that you actually bought me Pinetree Bay, and the thread travelling full circle!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Nice start! I assume there will be cake coming soon?

Astrids dragon said...

Unique is good! I'm looking forward to seeing if you're adding additional goodies.