Friday 3 February 2023

Using up bits and pieces.

 you may recall the backing I used for my Uncles quilt (if not click here ) with the squares already quilted on it.

It was as I remarked at the time a large item and there was some left even after making the double quilt..

I used some of it to make a seat cover for our garden bench (with some waterproof backing on it) and there was still some left.

My mother jokingly suggested I make an apron from it for her. My uncle oft joked about her apron wearing habits.

So I did, a reversible one. The yellow of the quilted material on one side


And  a pale green on the other. whicj also provided the edging to the yellow.


The hearts appliquéd onto the green provided line decoration on the yellow and vis versa for the flowers appliqued onto the yellow side .


The pink for the hearts and side ties are scraps from The Sampler Quilt's backing (which is fully finished and I should get a post for that sorted out soon) and the blue is from the binding.

I managed to surprise my Mother with this at Christmas and is is the warmest apron she has ever had.