Thursday 16 February 2023

BFF SAL 11 fluff

 you may recall I have been trying to decide what to put in that white space. I had a few ideas of what might work both pattern and colour wise.

And tonight I tried some of them out and then pulled them out.

There were the edge stitches, that went in one shade and looked fine, then I tried to start that big space, well the bit in the brown circle.

I thought I would use tiny stitches with tiny needles but it just felt too puffy and fussy, so out it came.  And as I rummaged in my oddsome thread box I spotted a better colour for the edge stitches, so out the other ones came.

Second attempt at the big white space and I thought I would try starting at the edge this time.

At first I was quite happy with the way it was looking, pink bit finished and the grey started I began to rethink it. The scale felt wrong. My BFF felt it looked fine and encouraged me to continue as it was not without the realms of the object I was after.

This is how it looked at that point.


and that is the fluff from the second lot of unpicking.

At the close of our Skype session I was fairly certain that it was also destined to feed the frog, I did stare at it a bit  thinking  it might grow on me. Nope out it came.

And this is where it is at the moment.


And it was fun I had a lot of fun and we laughed as we discussed changes small and large, personalisation opportunities. I appear to have rubbed off on my friend who is now contemplating her own variations. 

CLICK HERE to see my BFF's update.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Where can I find this pattern?

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Your stitcher really is being plagued by her own frog! Maybe you should stitch one on the settee behind her LOL