Sunday 6 November 2022

Sunday Stitching..a start

 Another cover kit, another card but a different level of complexity. This is a Country Companions Design which is just as well, I am going to need a little cross pattern assistance here.

Why? Well recently I note that the cover kits rather than providing DMC thread with the relevant numbers listed in the key are now stating the design is made up with "thread from your kit". Whilst I appreciate that the current financial issues are impacting on the thread provided and I assume to reduce costs not having a list number can become a bit tricky if there are "shades" of colours.

That is the case here, so I started at the bottom rather than in the middle because I could at least easily identify the green and dark green.


That being done I will need to prepare before next week by checking the symbols provided here against the other Country Companions Charts I have, they tend to use the same ones for the same colours, then I can figure out what is what.


The cream, peach, light brown, dark cream, beige, light beige are all very much of a muchness. Wishe me luck.

2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Oh my goodness, they do like to make life difficult!

The threads should be tied in two bundles to make it easier to identify them rather than all together.

Astrids dragon said...

It's a shame they don't give an equivalent DMC number to compare it to! I've had to do that with some of the Mill Hill kits when they look similar.