Wednesday 9 November 2022

BFF 10 still winging it

 I finished off the colour in the wing and then started on the white, first I used up the thread that came with the kit, then I needed more, I have a full cone of DMC but I have put it somewhere safe.

I thought I could get away with some thread from a cheap set just to keep sewing and finish off the edge of the wing.

It is very different and rather flat. I have used it to finish the wing edge and will use it for the edge of the other wing for symmetry, but I will need to make that effort to recall where my DMC white is to fill in the middle of the wing.



I have special dispensation to stitch out of Skype time to catch up to my BFF a bit on her companion project. I am not sure how much time I will have for that as I am still trying to progress the hand quilting on my sampler quilt.


This is grandmother's fan block on the reverse, and I also have some spoons that need a bit of pyrography for a baking competition being held at another branch (inspired by the ones we have had) the organiser intends to drop them off tomorrow. 

I might get the cross stitch done and be ready for the backstitch for next week with a bit of luck.

CLICK HERE to pop over and see my BFF's progress.

1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The angel is coming along nicely even with the thread issues!