Tuesday 1 November 2022

Quilting the Dresden Plate

 An update,

The plate itself is done and I have made a start on a filling design for the corners.


My BFF and I were discussing the feel of quilting. The joy of thread gliding through the single layer sections, the satisfaction of the more solid feel of multiple layers and seams. Oh! the frustration of multi seamed areas and needing plyers to pull the needle through. 

As I worked tonight, I was thinking about the way each section of thread as it is pulled through, my arm registers its length, decreasing slightly stitch by stitch so that a pull shorter than expected signals the dreaded knot at the back. So good to catch them as they occur, nightmare if missed and you turn to see a knot that occurred inches or more before it was spotted!

The back, I took a quick picture of the back, it is a bit easier I think to see where the plate was quilted on the reverse rather than the front.


Still a good way to go, keeping my knees warm at least.

2 comments:

Roni said...

Oo loving the double line quilting there

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely work. I am not a quilter but I do appreciate the work that goes into making these beautiful pieces.