Wednesday 23 November 2022

BFF 10 Ohps

 I finished off the backstitching in gold for the hair and the star, I don't know what type of metallic came with the kit but oh it was nice, and it was not fraying in the least. Impressive.



Then it was on to the cutting. And of course, I made a mistake cutting the wings. I got myself turned around and cut both sides the same. That is a problem, they are not meant to be cut the same.


The blue line is the correct cutting line, as you can see the notch should be at the bottom on one and the top on the other.  If this had been ordinary Aida I would have had quite a puzzle to fix it without it totally unravelling.  



Thank goodness it is Vinyl so fraying not a thing. So, I just stitched up the cut bit and then re cut it in the right place.


I should have stopped, but I had to give the construction a try to be sure the fix worked, at which point I noticed that there would be missing stitches at the back from the edge of the angel in a place that would show. So I added them. It would nag at me otherwise after I worked hard to make the back of the wings look reasonable.  You can see both the extra stitches and the repair on the picture above.

And then I pinned it ready for our Skype session.


I must admit being me I was thinking about other Deborazations I might do, but I put it down.

And in our Skype session stitched her up with white sewing thread, it was a little awkward but doable.

And her she is finished.




well probably, she might acquire some lace at the bottom of her gown and possibly a halo of some sort or another at some point in the future should the bits to add such things turn up. Maybe.

She will do for now and we can call BFF 10 done. 

Click here to pop over to my BFF's blog to see her finish

And what for BFF 11? Well, that is indeed the question, one to which we currently do not have an answer however we have time to reach the answer as we won't be stitching a SAL again until at least the new year. We anticipate seasonal stitches or pressure would be getting in the way until then anyway.

So going forward we will be back to the RAL..random along, whatever ether of us most need to stitch either to get it done or to relax. And perhaps with some searching for the next BFF at the same time.





2 comments:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a clever construction technique! And at last, an answer to why the wings were stitched on the reverse of the fabric! It’s been puzzling me since I first noticed it.
She definitely needs a halo and some trim would be the perfect finishing touch.

Astrids dragon said...

She turned out beautifully! I agree, the halo and trim addition would add to it nicely.