Tuesday 31 August 2021

Blackwork

time to do something with the floor.

I drew an outline of the fire place bottom and the edge of the table and skirt and I tried to work out something pattern based with diminishing sizes..nah! Currently and possibly for some time yet to come that was beyond my skill level.

As was anything that would attempt perspective on the vertical plane.  So horizontal it had to be.

Initially I thought I would transition from the very light grey, to light grey to a darker grey as it moved to the front.

I changed my mind as I sewed.

I changed from stitches that covered one square in the first rows to covering two squares then three then four before I increased the space between rows and continued increasing the stitch length. only the last two rows closer to the bottom were in the mid grey stage.

I rather like it which is a relief. Added a few little stitches  in the mid grey at the feet of table, chair and lady stop them floating around.





I also filled in the fire place.

Just a quick reminder( or if you are visiting with me and this project for the first time) the starting point for this is Holbein Embroderies Blackwork design BW131 The Needlewoman. There is no comma in Emboideries on the pattern and as it is their company name I am not messing with that, I have messed with or embellished or added to whichever way you want to put it on the wall and now the floor.

Next in line for my meddling is the underskirt, which funnily enough is the bit I had thought of doing in  extra to the pattern in the first place.  But I am still not quite sure what...back to the graph paper.


No comments: