Thursday 19 August 2021

BFF SAL four a second double dip

 once again I am starting by sharing my progress after the two additional hours we allotted ourselves.


those teal shades in the mountains are some of my favourite colours but oh they were getting on my nerves as the shades and symbols were so close to each other.

But it was progress all the same.

And at the close of the evening, and indeed with quarter of an hour to go.........


It is finished. Now there are rather more deviations from the original pattern than I might normally be happy with. The most obvious one being the crop, but there are wanderings in the colour placement as well. I am just happy to have the stitching finished. 

My BFF had a little more left and felt it would be best to do that outside our skype session (click here for her update) so a nice cup of hot chocolate and a chat about what to do next. Lots of options were discussed and whilst we have enjoyed working on the same projects at the same time this last one was a bit of hard work as evidenced by our divergence from the original design.

Oh yes we promised to show you what it was supposed to look like and what it is called and the designer. (I have completed one of her designs before and loved every stitch) so I feel the issues with this were all due to our original expectations. Although oddly I think that this may well get framed before the earlier stitch..oh my it has been 14 years that the other piece has been waiting and its not the oldest piece waiting..must get some finishing done.

So here it is  Sheila Hudson's original.


                                                                     

I am still drawn to that tree but it is just not to be.

Ah and what did we decide to do next? Random anything craft related that strikes our fancy. A bit of this and that and whatever till one of us finds something that we think we might both enjoy. We like the idea of some black work, or may be something neither of us have tried before.  But nothing to big or involved, we need to recover from not fully anticipating how annoying we would find trying to stitch this beautiful design. 

Little update and my BFF has also finished her stitching and what's more found a link to the original real world view that inspired the full piece..follow the link to see CLICK Here

1 comment:

RONI said...

I think your finish is brighter and more effervescent than the colours of the original. And I like the arched finish as an homage to it!