Saturday 14 August 2021

Blackwork mirror mirror

 on the wall,

is done, metallic as per the pattern( well almost as I used a different one for the dress to the frame), with a bit of an addition for the glass.

So that is all the metallic as per the pattern done.



from the pattern all that is left is the hair. However, I have not been following the pattern exactly as you may know, I added the wallpaper and have extended the sides by two stitches and the top by twelve so it will fit the mount for the frame that I plan on using. I still feel that the underskirt needs something, what that something should be I have not settled on yet.

I wish that I could think of a way to do the floor that would give it depth.  Maybe something will occur to me soon. No rush this is for me so I have no deadline.

4 comments:

Sheryl said...

Beautiful work and pattern. It will be interesting to see how you finish the underskirt.

RONI said...

Looking good! I'm most looking forward to seeing her hair! How about floorboards with simple linework, it would add perspective without adding complex details?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! For the floor how about three shades of grey going vertically from the wall towards the viewer? I know it would add another colour but t it would make it easier to get some depth. Love the wallpaper, also looking forward to her hair.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

This is gorgeous!
I like the idea of floorboards but vertical lines might be tricky because they would have to each have a different angle for perspective. Horizontal might be easier!
How about a small dot pattern for the underskirt?